8 Apr 2011

girls on motorcycles 4


Seen this week on the very chic French blog (which is in English) called Southsiders

I couldn't resist posting it almost immediately. Now I quite realise that this lady is not dressed correctly for any serious biking. I mean her helmet is not even fastened properly!

According to the Southsiders blog, her name is Kylie and she lives in Bali (not a great rhyme, but I guess we will have to take it as it comes). Ah, now I begin to see the bike conection more clearly. Look at the fuel tank. Can you see "Deus" written on there? 


Deux ex Machina is an Australian outfit that puts together some pretty amazing specials out of old bikes, updating them in a way whilst maintaining a rustic spirit that I like a lot, even if some of the bits can occasionally get a bit clumsy for my taste.  And Deus have opened up a subsidiary in Bali, building specials from the machines -mostly Japanese- that you see running around this beautiful island.


How about this beauty, apparently based on a Yamaha SRX 600? I think this one must be in Australia (definitely not Bali, is it) or are those the Bonneville salt flats? Really nice bike anyway.

Back to our initial topic, which, I think, was girls on motorcycles. Here is to goddess Kylie (the Balinese are mainly of the Hindu persuasion, in case you were wondering). Want a ride anyone?