1 Jan 2012

Happy New Year to all

I'm not a great fan of fixed-date celebrations, but it does seem like a good moment to wish all of you readers, and especially the brave and happy few who have dared to become members of this blog, a very happy year in 2012.

I started this activity late in October 2010 and, since then, over 185,000 pages of this blog have been visited. I had no idea, when starting, that it would lead to this, or indeed what I was doing. Still not too sure on the latter score! 

I think I made the right decision to entitle the blog "More than just wine", seeing as how not a single wine topic has made it into the top 10 of the most visited pages! In this hit parade, a couple of articles on cricket come first (thank you India!), followed by articles on painting, travel, motorcycles, music and people. And, thanks to cricket, the country that has chalked up the greatest number of visits is India, ahead of the USA, the UK, France, Canada, Germany, Australia, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands.

I have not done a New Year card this year but here is the one from the rugby team (Stade Français Paris) whose varied fortunes I follow and sometimes relate. No, they're not very conventional, which is why I like them.




I'm off into another wine area (The Rhône Valley) for a week's work of tasting wines and talking to wine producers, so I may not have time to post much over the next few days. I will leave you an article in waiting perhaps.

Take care, drink well and selectively, and enjoy everything that is enjoyable

No comments:

Post a Comment