26 Jan 2012

More creative motorcycle riding

Almost a year ago I published an article, naturally with some pictures incorporated, about unusual ways of riding motorcycles. I called it creative motorcycle riding (click on the link to see it).

I have since come across a few other eccentric ways of practising the fine art of motorcycle riding and thought that I would share these with you.



I always thought that a hog rider meant someone on a large Harley-Davidson. The above picture gives me a new perspective.



I hope that nobody will accuse me of being "racist" if I say that, in all probability, this shot could only come from the USA. Apart from hoping that the guy loses a lot of weight soon, one has to sympathise with the monkey bike.


Australians are also pretty creative when it comes to 2-wheeled transport and its uses. Above is what they get up to in "the bush". Below is the urban mode when the barbecue needs moving from one place to another. Nice to see that he is wearing a helmet.


As to moving spare parts around on 2 wheels, here are a couple of interesting efforts.



I suppose the above picture would be construed as an attempt to adapt a bike to four-wheel drive. Or maybe he is a candidate for the Michelin man of the year?


In South-East Asia, moving food around is often the role of bikes as much as of 4-wheeled vehicules. In this case I just hope that the ride was not too long and the road very smooth. Imagine doing this on a firmly suspended sports bike?


Moving the family around can also be a problem....




Back in the west, people are not so much into basic necessities (maybe that is a point of view), so they tend to try the totally useless and silly...


And then wonder why they are prevented from pushing further in this direction. Quite obviously, the girl should have been wearing a helmet. How forgetful!



3 comments:

  1. I like your cheeky pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Rawlings Coolflo Highlight Adult Pro Series Catchers Helmet

    ReplyDelete